World Class Defence and Civilian Research and Development
CCM's Technology Department employs a large number of professionally qualified personnel (Technician to PhD) in a purpose built centre. Of these employees around:
- 36% are working on Private Venture (PV) projects.
- 46% are working on funded contracts
- 18% are technical service personnel providing support to Product Development Manufacturing and Post Design Services (PDS) utilising the Model Shop, Environment Test House, Drawing office and Measurement/Instrumentation.The site is a List X site and has been awarded the BS EN ISO 9001:2008 certification.
The departmental facilities include:
- Computer Modelling – Effectiveness Studies
- Computer Modelling – Design
- Engineering Workshops
- Environmental Testing
- Measurement / Instrumentation
- Test facilities – indoor and outdoor ranges
- Packing Design
Computer modelling programs such as CounterSim, a specially developed design aid, allows Chemring to maintain its position as the leading centre for innovative pyrotechnic and material design, development, optimisation and integration into countermeasure components and dispensing systems. The Technology Centre houses a unique rapid prototyping facility to ensure the swift introduction of new countermeasure solutions as well as customer specific countermeasure requirements.
If you would like to contact the Technology Department directly please email them at email@example.com.
Alternatively telephone them on + 44 (0)1722 411 611